Join us this Friday 10th January from 7pm for the live performances from our talented competitors! Help save your favourite act and get them through to the Quarter Finals.
The Boat’s Got Talent is the premier singing competition in the Southwest. Starting this November, it will run all the way through until Easter 2020. This year’s prize has increased, with the winner taking home £3000. Second prize is £1500 and a runner up prize of £500.
All auditions are live-streamed and broadcast across all our social media channels, with a chance to get involved and save your favourite act from week to week.
The Boat’s Got Talent is promoted by Wessex FM, with the winner not only getting a cash prize, but also landing a set on Wessex. Keep checking here for all updates from this fantastic community event.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is: The Boat That Rocks, run by MDP Portland Ltd (company no. 11339348) whose registered office is at 20 High Street, Shaftesbury, SP7 8JG
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over exceptsemi-finalists from last year’s competition, employees of The Boat That Rocks and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. Entrants under the age of 18 need to have parent/guardian’s permission to enter and must be accompanied by someone aged 18 or over when attending auditions at The Boat That Rocks.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://tbtr.co.uk/the-boats-got-talent/ and https://www.facebook.com/TBTR.Portland/
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be 15th October 2019. After this date then no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Fill in the online entry form in full at https://tbtr.co.uk/the-boats-got-talent/ by this date (15th October 2019)
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows:£3000 1st Prize, £1500 2nd prize, £500 3rd prize.
13. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
14. Winners will be chosenas a result of a popular vote conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by Promoter and or its agents and by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter
15. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
16. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
17. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
19. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
20. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry, and their permission for live internet streaming of their auditions and performances which will be broadcast over social media for the duration of the competition. They give permission for us to use their image and live videos for promotional purposes on our website and social media sites in the future. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
21. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
22. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
23. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Boat that Rocks and not to any other party.
24. The Boat That Rocks’ decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
25. The entrant must like and follow the promoter’s page at facebook.com/TBTR.Portlandin order to enter.
26. The Boat That Rocks shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
27. The entrant must make themselves available during the times and dates specified on the entry form in order to attend auditions. Failure to be available during the dates specified will result in possible removal from the competition. Auditions will be held during the month of November, and then again from mid-January until Easter.
28. The Boat That Rocks also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.